Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks....

If I could block the audience for this post as you can on other social media channels, (well, IS this a social media channel/medium, or is it modern-day journalism? I always dreamed of having my own column..........), I would. And the idea in and of the action of doing so would simply break the heart of the one I would block because she would misinterpret it. However, it would be to protect her hypersensitiveness for which I have inherited that I can identify with the actions it requires to dance around this that makes me the more patient and empathetic ChangingHart.  =)

[secondary and totally necessary] Disclaimer: Mamika - if and when you do read this, please stop for a moment to remember how much I do love you and in no way would mean any hurt your heart. XO

(Those of you who know us know the ramifications of not inserting two disclaimers...........)

The 'older' we get, the more relaxed she is becoming with her standards.  Just today I was describing a former male colleague with whom I had identified with and was still connected to, and of course in her eyes would be a suitable mate (I imagine she does a quick analysis of all men I come in contact with for that at this 'point'.).  After my story concluded I p.s.ed that he has tattoos and motioned with my hands where they are on his body (having used to live in Santa Barbara meant that I saw a lot of acquaintances near-nude in their suits), she simply nodded and said, "Oh, okay".  But this time she did not make a face or noise of disapproval.  Hmm.  I think she may be broadening her myopic-ism in other 'discerning' categories as well....TBD.


But this my friends is progress.  Not only is this journey now referred to as our 'adventure', but our sub-journeys are now being accepted as well.  So perhaps the wisest thing always has been to walk to the beat of our own drum, to earn and to own that beat.  And then dance like nobody's watching. =)


P.S. Sissy what do you think of the 'new' font? 

No comments:

Post a Comment