Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mission statement

I was watching Sex and the City (SATC from here on out), as NYC research of course, and if you have ever seen the show you know they have some great quotable material.  I heard something that touched my heart and was typing it up as Meg walked in after work and a hike, so I pressed rewind and played it again for her.  We both decided that this quote was a great mission statement of sorts for our move from CA to NY.

"Maybe, our mistakes are what make our fate.  Without them, what would shape our lives?  Perhaps, if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love or have babies or be who we are.  After all, seasons change, so do cities, people come into your life and people go, but it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."
-SATC

I know I have made many mistakes, Megan might have made a few mistakes here and there, but along with our good choices, they have helped shape our lives.  Who knows where the next few years will take us, but I know in my heart of hearts that this is the path that we are meant to be on.  Fire strengthens steel, and we will emerge stronger on the other end of this crazy journey.  And also, there will be bagels and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment