Thursday, April 25, 2013

Everything is coming together

Megan lost her phone a few months ago. 

She is notorious for being bad about charging her phone, or not having it on her person during important times (like the time when we had a flight going to Canada leaving at 11pm from LAX, it was 5pm and I hadn't packed and was locked outside of our condo complex and she wasn't answering her phone because it was on silent.  I tried calling her name out at first, but there was a gentleman in the third floor corner condo on his balcony that thought it was funny whenever I yelled "MEGAN!" to respond in kind and yell out "MEGAN!"  I'm not sure what his deal was, but the mascara tube I found in my purse was sufficient enough to make noise without breaking/chipping the window and Megan finally came to the window with an angry face but mine was more angry so she walked her happy butt downstairs and let me in.)

A very nice lady found Megan's phone lodged in some ferns along the path that Meg takes Harper on her morning walk.  Thankfully, this lady has a good heart and she emailed Megan and the phone was returned and Meg made a connection with this gal, Lisa.  Lisa happened to be a NY/LA bi coastal person and that was just a cool coincidence until we decided to up and move to New York.

Megan and I live in a bombtastic condo in Pasadena.  Three blocks east of Lake, two blocks south of Colorado, we have a 1400 square foot amazingly renovated 2br/2ba condo that we rent from a fantastic young couple.  The second hardest thing we have to do after telling our parents is telling our landlords that we're moving.  We agreed to a 23 month lease (ahem... Megan's idea but then again so was the PowerPoint that got us the place), and we're only about 8 months in.  We were contemplating this situation when Lisa, the phone finder, inquired about our building and if there were any available apartments there.  Turns out she is interested in a bigger, better place and our current apartment fits the bill.  Fingers crossed that our meeting with her next Monday turns out awesome.  Because what I'd really love to tell our landlords is that we have a great future tenant that wants to spend the next 3 years of her life here along with her teenage son and possibly her rich boyfriend as well?  So that is a good sign.

And then last night I posted on Facebook about our big move to NY.  We had great feedback from all of our friends and family (except our parents), and there was one of my friends that mentioned that he'd also be in NY.  This is a great man that I know through my exbf (who I'm still friends with - along with his fantastic fiance), and I inquired to find out a bit more.  Long story short, we might have ourselves a third roommate who probably makes more than both of us sisters combined.  He's a great guy, works as an editor in the TV industry, is a foodie and an outgoing person and is always a fun time to be around.  I'm happy to think that we have a good, strong, man that would be our roommate, because it makes me feel safe.  I know I'm a modern woman, but two young single gals in NY can be a lil scary, and I trust him to be that strong Y chromosome and mayyyyybe even keep us a lil sane.  Estrogen is crazy, y'all.

I'm just a bit worried about how he'll react to being around sisters and our constant silliness and braless-ness and our utter comfort with each other.  I mean we dance around like fools and talk about every single body issue and so that might have to change with a grown man around...

But I'm happy that he'll be in NY before us and will find a great place in a sweet neighborhood and I know it will be everything that we all want.  Plus, the only man I've lived with for real is my pops, and so it'll be good for me to get used to a man in the house.  Sorry, Rufus, you don't count because you're a cat and you got fixed as soon as was possible.

So.  A potential person to take over our current place, and a potential new roomie for our new place in NY.  I consider today an amazing day, everything considered.  Hopefully Meg feels the same!

1 comment:

  1. "Lodged in some ferns?" Heh. Serendipitous ferns they were.

    ReplyDelete